Thursday, June 30, 2011

66. Watch 10 of the top 100 movies

1) Casablanca - This movie is about what you would expect out of a movie produced in the early 1940s.  The American Film Industry had a list of the 100 most quoted lines from movies and 6 of them were from this movie:
 "Here's looking at you, kid."  "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." "Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.'" "Round up the usual suspects."  "We'll always have Paris."  "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
 Some of these I was familiar with, others not as much.
2) Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Stupid movie with next to no plot.  I think I wasn't in the right mind to really give this movie a chance, but the humor was no good.
3) 12 Angry Men - This was a fantastic movie.  It was filmed in 1957 and is filmed in only three different rooms.  This requires the movie to be based solely on dialogue and plot and it was done very well.  I was interested the whole time to see how it turned out.  The idea of the movie is that there is a jury that sees a court case as an easy guilty verdict, but one juror slowly convinces jurors that it isn't as easy of a case as they had originally suspected.  Good movie.
4) Momento - Psycho movie.  I can see how it is viewed as a good movie due to it's interesting writing but it isn't my type of movie.  Lots to think through as you watch it to see how the progression goes through in the main character's life as he handles a disease where he has no short term memory.
5) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I still don't get the movie.  Minds get erased but it is strange throughout.
6) Reservoir Dogs -  I vaguely remember watching this movie only because I remember the character's names were all colors. The storyline is decent and interesting.
7)Wall-E - We watched this as a family. I would say half of the movie doesn't have dialogue but instead relies on you to follow emotions. I really enjoyed the story.  Great movie.
8) Apocalypse Now- Movies about the Vietnam War interest me. What a horrible time that must have been. Lots of actors in this one that I am more familiar with them being older.  Good movie.
9) One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest - I really enjoyed this movie.  One time is probably enough for watching it, but I thought it was good.  The last 15 minutes have sad moments, but they add a lot to the story.
10) Modern Times - I started watching this movie with my mom a few months back. Then I forgot all about it until much later. It was really funny! I plan on watching a few more movies with Charlie Chaplin in them. 

No comments: